The AgentCASH card reader and a mobile device talk to one another using Bluetooth and thus need to be paired to create the Bluetooth connection.
To establish a Bluetooth connection (pairing):
- Turn on the card reader by pressing the blue power button on the top of the reader.
- Activate the Bluetooth pairing function on the card reader by holding down the ‘Enter’ (✔) button or a Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. (When the indicator lamp on the Bluetooth button rapidly flashes a blue light and the Bluetooth icon on the display of the reader is rapidly blinking, the card reader is now ready to be paired.)
- Go to your mobile device Settings->Devices->Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth connection.
- Select the card reader from the list of available Bluetooth devices. Your card reader will be titled as Miura-last three digits of s/n. Select it to pair.
- A PIN will display on the screen of the mobile device. Compare it with the passkey displayed on the card reader.
- Press ‘Enter’ (✔) on the card reader to confirm that the PIN and the passkey are the same.
- Click OK on the mobile device to complete the pairing. The blue light will now slowly flash to show that Bluetooth is on.
The card reader is now listed as ‘Paired’ under the list of Bluetooth devices on the mobile.
From now on, your card reader will auto-connect to the app whenever you turn it on.
Note: The card reader should be paired with only one mobile device at time.