1. Establishing a Bluetooth connection (Pairing)
The AgentCASH card reader and a mobile device talk to one another using Bluetooth and thus need to be paired to create the Bluetooth connection.
To establish a Bluetooth connection:
- Turn on the card reader by pressing the blue power button on the top of the reader.
- Activate the Bluetooth pairing function on the card reader by holding down the ‘Enter’ (✔) button or a Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. (When the indicator lamp on the Bluetooth button rapidly flashes a blue light and the Bluetooth icon on the display of the reader is rapidly blinking, the card reader is now ready to be paired.)
- Go to your mobile device Settings->Devices->Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth connection.
- Select the card reader from the list of available Bluetooth devices. Your card reader will be titled as Miura-last three digits of s/n. Select it to pair.
- A PIN will display on the screen of the mobile device. Compare it with the passkey displayed on the card reader.
- Press ‘Enter’ (✔) on the card reader to confirm that the PIN and the passkey are the same.
- Click OK on the mobile device to complete the pairing. The blue light will now slowly flash to show that Bluetooth is on.
The card reader is now listed as ‘Paired’ under the list of Bluetooth devices on the mobile.
From now on, your card reader will auto-connect to the app whenever you turn it on.
Note: The card reader should be paired with only one mobile device at time.
If you get the message ‘Unable to connect to card reader’ or ‘No connected card reader’ try one of the following:
- Check that the card reader is turned on.
- Check the battery level of the card reader (see the battery icon on the display). If necessary, charge the reader.
- Check if the Bluetooth connection on the card reader is turned on (Bluetooth lamp indicator is flashing slow and Bluetooth icon is displayed).
- Turn the Bluetooth connection off and on again on the mobile device.
- Exit the AgentCASH application by holding ‘Back’ on the mobile device for a few seconds. Select the AgentCASH app window and tap cross (×) to exit. Re-open AgentCASH app as usual.
To unpair devices:
- Go to the mobile device Settings->Devices->Bluetooth
- Find 'Miura-last three digits of s/n' under the list of paired devices
- Select Miura and hold it for a 3 seconds. When ‘Delete’ pops out select 'Delete' to unpair the devices.
Reset card reader:
- Insert a pin or the end of a paper clip into the pinhole at the top of the reader and hold it down untill all four indicator lamps on the top of the reader start to flash in green light.
- Choose one of the options from the menu and press ‘Enter’ (✔):
- Power up as normal (the same as switching the device on and off)
- System restore (restores the software on the device)
- Total factory reset (it resets all hardware configuration and software on the card reader and should only be used when other options failed to solve the issue)
Note: The card reader may require some time to update its software after a system restore or factory reset.
To pair devices again, follow the instructions in section 1 above.
If none of the above don't solve the issue, please contact Barclaycard support.