If you get the message ‘Unable to connect to card reader’ or ‘No connected card reader’ try one of the following:
- Check that the card reader is turned on.
- Check the battery level of the card reader (see the battery icon on the display). If necessary, charge the reader.
- Check if the Bluetooth connection on the card reader is turned on (Bluetooth lamp indicator is flashing slow and Bluetooth icon is displayed).
- Turn the Bluetooth connection off, restart a mobile device and turn the Bluetooth connection on again after the restarting. Scan for new devices.
- Exit the AgentCASH application by holding ‘Back’ on the mobile device for a few seconds. Select the AgentCASH app window and tap cross (×) to exit. Re-open AgentCASH app as usual.
To unpair devices:
- Go to the mobile device Settings->Devices->Bluetooth
- Find 'AgentCASH-last three digits of s/n' under the list of paired devices
- Select AgentCASH device and hold it for a 3 seconds. When ‘Delete’ pops out select 'Delete' to unpair the devices or select the option 'Unpair devices'.
Reset card reader:
- Insert a pin or the end of a paper clip into the pinhole at the top of the reader and hold it down untill all four indicator lamps on the top of the reader start to flash in green light.
- Choose one of the options from the menu and press ‘Enter’ (✔):
- Power up as normal (the same as switching the device on and off)
- System restore (restores the software on the device)
- Total factory reset (it resets all hardware configuration and software on the card reader and should only be used when other options failed to solve the issue)
Note: The card reader may require some time to update its software after a system restore or factory reset.
To pair devices again, follow the instructions in this article.