To comp an item from the open order:
- Tap on the 'three lines' icon and go to Open checks.
- Select an order from the list of open orders.
- Select the item you wish to comp.
- Tap Comp item.
- Select comp reason from the comp reasons list by tapping on it. Comp reasons must created on the web dashboard first.
- Tap SELECT.
- Tap SAVE.
- Save changes of an order by tapping on the 'pin' icon or take payment by tapping on the amount.
If you wish to change the comp reason, follow the instruction above and select another comp reason.
If you have comped an item mistakenly and you wish to charge the item you can clear a comp from an item in the open order.
The price of the comp items in the open order is now shown in strike trough format (e.g. Tea
5£) and is not summed up to a total amount.
Comp items are shown on the issued invoice with the price of 0£ and a title of comp reason added as a note (e.g. Comp.Wrong entry).
See this article to find out more about comp reasons and when to use them.